I've been uncomfortable for several days now in my left

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I've been uncomfortable for several days now in my left side somewhere between under the shoulder blade and spine. My neck feels like it's getting less XXXXXXX too and my back pain seems to get worse as I move my neck/head forward into a hunch position. I don't feel like I can rest the neck or upper back in any position. The pain feels warm burning sensation that irritates me when laying on my back. The first pain I noticed started after a nights sleep.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably muscles strained.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Since you feel these symptoms only from few days, strained muscles may be a strong possibility.

It is necessary to avoid physical efforts, weights for few days.

It is necessary also to use warm pads on your neck and pain area on your back, use for few days ibuprofen also.

If there will be no or insignificant improvement after few days you should get evaluated by your primary care Doctor and by imaging studies such as neck MRI in order to evaluate conditions such herniated disc disease, cervical spondylosis, etc.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.