Itchy underarms and soles

my underarms and soles itch very badly, its been there for a few weeks now
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 5 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question here.

This may be a fungal infection. Do you see any rash on your soles or underarms? If you do then please describe it or, better still, send a HD photograph of it.

In the meantime, to control the itch and your need to scratch, take a good antihistamine like Zertrex at least once a day.
Follow-up: Itchy underarms and soles 6 hours later
No I do not have any rashes, either underarm or on my soles
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 4 hours later
All right.

Then just see how it goes with the antihistamine along like Zyrtec 5mg for the next few weeks. You may need to take after breakfast. It may be an allergy to something you have been in contact with like cloths or detergent or a medicine or even food. My feeling is that it will pass. If it does not help, see an allergist/dermatologist.

Please accept my answer if you do not have further questions.

Good luck.
are these any side effects due to my medication
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later

All medications can have side effects. Which, if any, are causing your symptoms will take a little working out - stopping each for a while to see if the itch eases. You will need to do this with your own doctor.

Good luck.