Itchy, tingly skin, skin crawling feeling, no allergy history. Cause and treatment?

I have just moved from the mountains of NC to Birmingham, AL (a lot more grass in our yard) and have had itchy, tingly skin for weeks. I have an appointment with a local doctor but not for another week...there are no bites or rashes or anything visible...I've never had problems with allergies. I feel it in my face, arms, stomach, legs, feet. It's not a severe itch, more of a "skin crawling" kind of annoying feeling and some days it's worse than others. I'm 57 years old, 150 pounds, do not smoke, drink socially, exercise (walk) 3-4 times a week, have two 8 year old labs, no kids, one hubby :) No significant change in diet, and meds have not changed. We had the heating/air vents vacuumed and disinfected when we moved into our new house, which is very old (built in 50s). Very puzzled by what could be causing this and what can I do to treat...
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 21 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand you want to know what your "skin crawling" is and its treatment.

I can think of two possibilities here for you - Firstly, I would suspect some kind of tick-transmitted condition from your labs. Second, I would see it as a condition of the mind without the actual bugs that give you the crawling feeling.

I do not see allergy, medicines, grass for having caused this for now.

For the same, I would advice you to get consulted by the physician for ruling out Lyme's disease - a well recognized condition that is common with pet lovers. The next management would be only after ruling out infestations.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.