Itchy testicles at night, sweating. Related to sugar level?

Question
hi,I am 23 year old male 5'8'' and wt 54.my testicles itch a lot and i couldn't resist myself from itching them severly.it usually starts happening in night while i'm sleeping.it's very annoying and wake me up at night for at least 1 hour.is there any role of sugar level in that.sometimes there is sweating followed by extreme itching .please suggest something.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 15 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

The most common cause of itching in the genitals is due to fungal infection and if proper treatmnt is not taken then it can keep on recurring.The preferred treatment for it is an antifungal ointment containing Cotrimazole.

Sometimes application of one antifungal ointment is not enough and combination of two or more antifungals are needed until the itch disappears and even after that for a week and two application is required.

Some other causes are Diabetes(if you have a family history then possibility of that can be there),co existing Dermatitis,low immunity etc and they are also to be evaluated.

Please see a Dermatologist for examination so that appropriate treatment can be started.Also get your Blood sugars tested.

1)Meanwhile you can apply Calamine for relief from itching.
2)Wear cotton undergarments.
3)Avoid sharing towels,clothes etc.
4)Wash the genitals twice with antibacterial soap and water.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.

Follow-up: Itchy testicles at night, sweating. Related to sugar level? 10 minutes later
(1)Meanwhile you can apply Calamine for relief from itching.) can i get calamine from any medical store.

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for the follow up

Yes Calamine lotion is easily available in chemist store and you can have it.

Wishing you Good Health!

Follow-up: Itchy testicles at night, sweating. Related to sugar level? 31 hours later
(containing calamine)can you suggest any particular product of a company.

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks again

It is available in the name of Calamine itself. One of the product is of Primal Healthcare. You can look for that.
But I would again advise you to get it examined as calamine would be providing only temporary relief.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you Good Health!