Itchy skin when putting shirt on, no change in soap, lifestyle or diet

My 7 year old little boy complains of itchy skin every morning when he puts his shirt on and as soon as he gets a chance he takes his shirt off when he gets home. It started about a month ago and seems to drive him nuts. I don't know how to help him as he hasn't had any changes in soap, lifestyle, diet etc, in the past month....
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 40 minutes later

Itching without apparent rashes is commonly seen in conditions like allergies and with metabolic defects leaving abnormal substances into the blood.

I suggest you to apply CALADRYL Lotion on the affected body twice daily for three days if there is relief then I would ask you to continue the same for a week more.If the lotion helps it means that itching is due to allergy. If there is no relief with the lotion then I consider there is a need for a Dermatologist to examine your child.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.