Itchy skin on inner butt cheeks. Wet and bleeding. Was diagnosed with herpes without symptoms. Advice?

Oncologist
Question
I have some open skin on the inner butt cheeks that is itchy and bleeding. It is wet to the touch do I go to gynecologist or dermatologist. I was diagnosed with herpes several years ago but have not had any symptoms
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

I would suggest that you obtain a consultation from a dermatologist. The dermatologist is more highly educated in your skin concerns and can formulate an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan for you.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga