Itchy, sensitive, pus-filled mole in crotch, dark red stain after bursting, nothing on penis

I had what seemed to be a oimole in the crotch area higher up where hair is. nothing on the penis. it came up after I shaved. it stayed as that with some sensitvity and little itchy for a week then it burst and squeezed pus out. now its been a week and it shows like a dark red stain.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 30 minutes later

I shall try to address your concern based on your current given information.

By your words, I can only visualize electronically for the red stain to be a non-healing infected ulcer. Though, I would need more details about your age, sexual habits, size of "stain", medical history etc. before I can really tell you the larger picture, I have the following suggestions for you now:

1) Get yourself examined at the earliest by a physician.
2) Pus indicates infection, and assuming that you haven't been on prescription drugs, 1 week is long enough for you to rule out the same.
3) I also assume that you have noticed the "mole" just when you shaved 1 week ago, but the actual duration could be unknown. Hence, that would add many more conditions to the list.

Not to scare you at this point, but you would need to visit the doctor just to make sure all is well.

I would also suggest you to maintain proper hygiene for your body, especially the groin area now that you have a situation.

I hope I have answered your concern on a broad sense, now.

If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations, as you prepare to make decision regarding future care, you should not hesitate to contact Doctor at XXXXXXX who is in contact with me.

Follow-up: Itchy, sensitive, pus-filled mole in crotch, dark red stain after bursting, nothing on penis 40 minutes later
sorry i didnt mean to write a mole i meant pimple. i squeezed it and a little pus came out. after that its been a week that it is a red dot. can i submit a picture?
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

You can upload here or send it to YYYY@YYYY to my attention email.

Anticipating your response.