Itchy scrotum,erection problem,erectile dysfunction

Hi, my age is 29,5.7 tall and 68kg
i have been suffering with this itching thing at my scrotum since 12yrs but no treatment have been taken..daily while bathing i itch then with a brush and after drying i apply deo or aftershave lotion which really helps me a lot through out the day m badly addicted to this.The day i dont do this i just cannot think of anything else..I want to get rid out of this n have a permanent solution to it
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Follow-up: Itchy scrotum,erection problem,erectile dysfunction 6 minutes later
more over i some time have an erection problem too, i mean i cant carry the erection for a longer period..
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 37 minutes later

The most common condition leading to this type of itching of scrotum is Fungal infection. Its called tinea cruris. It usually affects the inner aspects of the scrotum and groin.

The preferred treatment for it will be an antifungal cream such as Cotrimazole. Please see a Dermatologist for complete examination and get treated accordingly.

At your age, its quite rare to have erection related problems. Most of the times, even after complete evaluation, no underlying cause is found.

Do not worry about the same. If you still have concern, you must consult a urologist.

Hope his answers your query. Please get back if you need any further information.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Kiran.
Follow-up: Itchy scrotum,erection problem,erectile dysfunction 47 hours later
thanks doctor, i scrub my scrotum and apply deo ,will it harm later in future?
for my erection problem shall i go for an allopathic or homeopathic treatment?
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 2 hours later

Dont scrub as it can cause minor scratches which can delay healing and also worsen spread of fungus.

And regarding erection related problem, I would like to first reassure you.
You can consult an Urologist for this if your are concerned

Take Care

Dr Kiran