Itchy, scaly rash near eyebrows after waxing. Could this be yeast infection?

Jul 2012

About 2-3 weeks After having my eyebrows waxed at a salon I developed and itchy, scaly rash in and arou d my eyebrows. After a few months the contant itchyness went away. Could this be a yeast infection on my eyebrows. I tried a fungal cream but that didn seem to work. Now I'm trying monostat cream and it seems to be helping some, but I'm not sure. Ive been applying once a day in morning. It seems to make my skin itchy, more than it was before I applied the cream. Any thoughts?
Thank You, XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 9 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX I note your problem with interest. To my mind, the contents of monostat cream would be 'fungal' as well. It does appear that your rash is probably akin to seborrheic dermtitis or psoriasiform eruption. Perhaps a topical hydrocortisone cream admixed with the monostat for 3-5 days may help resolve the problem completely. Yes, it does appear likely there could be a superadded fungal infection but not of the yeast variety. I would be obliged if you could upload a clear photograph of the area onto this page using your 'upload data' option. This will help arrive at a more likely diagnosis. Cheers! Await your response.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD