Itchy red bumps on breasts and under them. Do I need to go to the ER?

Itchy reddish spotsI have itchy red bumps all over but in random spots..rash on my breasts and under them...its been like this for 5 days do i need to go to the er
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 10 hours later

Red, itchy spots on the breast area as well as under the breasts can be a bacterial or a fungal infection. The chances of fungal are though more esp. if the condition of sweat, heat etc. during the day is more.
An oral antifungal course like fluconazole for a week is the ideal treatment for treating such a condition.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Itchy red bumps on breasts and under them. Do I need to go to the ER? 16 hours later
There even on my arms and legs to and itches really i need to go to the ER
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 6 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Lesions on arms and legs are more in favour of a bacterial infection. Fungal infections are more common in body folds. I would suggest you see a physician in the ER and get started on the treatment. The treatment would mainly comprise of topical or oral antibiotics.

Dr.Rohit Batra