Itchy, red bumps, become fluid-filled blisters, spreading. Any ideas?

Hi, I started get little red itchy bumps that look like fleas bites about a week ago (even though I have never seen a flea) but they have become fluid filled blisters that are weeping. They are extremely itchy and seem to be spreading. Any ideas?

Thank you
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

From the description above, it looks like as if it is allergic in origin.
But you have not mentioned sites involved here by the lesion.

You can take antihistamines like cetrizine 10 mg once a day. But as it is weeping and spreading , I think it is better you consult dermatologist. It is more likely needed that we add steroids for suppressing inflammatory response. These drug needs prescription from doctor.

As it is itching very much, clean area and apply calamine lotion for soothing effect till you get dermatological consultation.

Remember if you have been exposed to any allergic food/dust/cloth material/insect bite. If possible try to avoid contact with that allergen.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.