Itchy red allergy on sleeves. Medication?

Since past 4-5 days I am having Allergy on my Sleeves and its reddish in Colour and is causing Itching....Please provide some medication....
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Radhika 50 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

You have allergy on your sleeves and it is reddish in color associated with itching.

I would like to know certain things before answering your question.

1. Have you consumed something which you have never tried before?
2. Are you allergic to any plants?
3. Are you on any medications currently?

There are multiple possibilities:

1. Contact dermatitis: Contact dermatitis is a rash that is brought on either by contact with a specific chemical to which you might be allergic or with a substance that directly irritates the skin.
2. Atopic dermatitis: Atopic dermatitis, often called Eczema, is a common disorder of which produces red, itchy, rashes on the inner aspects of the elbows and in back of the knees as well as the cheeks, neck, wrists, and ankles. It is commonly found in patients who also have asthma and hay fever.
3. Drug induced: If you have taken any new medication, please discontinue it for now.

You can presently use steroid cream like Hydrocortisone cream for this. You could also apply Elovera cream for soothing. It could also be due to dust too. You will also need to take oral antihistamine drugs to avoid itching. You can get it prescribed from Dermatologist after evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept the answer if you have no follow up queries.