Itchy rashes developed on ankle and knee. Applied diplene cream. How to get rid of this?

The skin on my ankle and knee have developed some rashes and I get a lot of itching. It has started to spread nearby areas. I apply "Diplene" cream. It stops for a week or two and then the itching starts again. The skin is now turning black and is full of spots. This has been happening since I was a kid. I have lately observed that during winters, these areas start spreading and becomes rough and develops rashes.
Posted Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 33 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering from can be Xerotic eczema ,contact dermatitis,psoriasis etc.
If you can upload good quality photos of the affected area it will be of great help in predicting the condition.
Photos can be uploaded by UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS section on right side of the box.
Till the time you can take Tab.Zyrtec for itching twice a day.
Also you can apply a good quality moisturizer like Venusia XXXXXXX cream twice daily over the affected area.
Upload the images and we can continue the discussion here.

Hope this helps.