Itchy rashes appeared on hand, face, ears and chest. Any treatment?

little bumpsAbout a week ago I noticed tiny bumps on my hands,skin colored and now they are on my hands,face,ears,chest and they itch. I have already had chicken pox
Posted Sun, 13 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi ,

The condition he is suffering from can be scabies,papular urticaria,urticaria, bacterial infection etc.

I would like to know-

Does you have fever, malaise, body aches etc?
Since when you have this?
Are they persistent or they come and go?
Is the rash itchy/painful /symptomatic ?How severe is itching?more in daytime or night time?
Is there any oral ulcers/lesions ?

Is the rash raised/ is there blanching does it disappear on pressing?
Is there any discharge from the bumps?
Also can you upload more photos of the affected area. Close up photos would help a lot .

Answer the questions and upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion here.
Till the time you can take tab.Zyrtec twice daily for itching and apply aloe vera lotion over the area.

Awaiting your response.

Dr Sudarshan
Follow-up: Itchy rashes appeared on hand, face, ears and chest. Any treatment? 23 hours later
no fever. started a week ago. persistent, itching comes and go but is worse when in shower or just waking up.Yes in my mouth. yes its raised no discharge
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi Again,
Scabies,contact dermatitis and urticaria are most likely .
Scabies needs application of antiscabies drugs application like permethrin 1% lotion.
It is worth giving one trial of application.

Contact dermatitis and urticaria would need application of topical soothing agent and oral steroids and antihistaminics.Addition of photos of affected skin can be very helpful.Till then you can take tab.Zyrtec twice daily for itching and apply aloe vera lotion over the area.A visit to dermatologist will allow proper examination and prescription medicines.

Hope this helps.