Itchy rash on the elbow. Does burning mark due to dettol go ?

hi i have a rash on top of my elbow which is very itchy what can i use for it.and two days ago i put some dettol on it and now there is a burned XXXXXXX around it will the XXXXXXX go away
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 22 minutes later

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.

I understand you need help with your skin condition.
This advice will only be helpful if the rash is limited and is not caused due to an underlying medical condition, for which you would need other tests and treatment.

My advice to you for now if it is just a small rash:
1. Try olive oil/aloe vera gel
2. Do not scrub/use soap water/dettol
3. Avoid exposure to sun/warmth
4. Table salt could sometimes relieve itch.

If simple remedies will not work, and the rash stays - you would need a clinical evaluation and antiallergic drugs/creams.

The XXXXXXX has caused due to the precipitation of skin proteins burnt by dettol, as there was increased blood supply to the rash area. Don't worry, it will regress slowly.

I hope I have answered your concern on a broad sense, now.

If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations or further new queries as you prepare to make decision regarding future care, do not hesitate to reply.