Itchy rash on right hip. Used floucinonide ointment. Could it be some sort of fungal infection?

I have a skin rash on my right hip. It consists of large and small gray circles, is very itchy. A dermatologist has ruled that it is not seborhhea, psoriasis or exzema. I have treated it with two different creams: (1) Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide USP and (2) Floucinonide Ointment USP, 0.05%. Neither have had any effect and the little gray circles (painful to the touch) seem to keepon growing. Could it be some sort of fungal infection?
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query You are correct , It is appearing like fungal infection. In fact fungal infection would have been considered as first diagnosis and you should have Been treated for that. I would like to see a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and a better line of management. Waiting for your response. Thank you