Itchy pink bumps on hands & legs, looks like allergy. How to treat these?

My son, who will be 3 this April, got some small itchy bumps, lesions on his hands and legs and few on other places. They are little pink and itchy and we so no other symptoms. Looks like allergy but not sure. I have attached pics. Please tell me what it is and how to treat.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later

I have gone through the details and seen the pictures attached. It looks like your son is suffering from papular urticaria - a type of allergic condition.

In case any other family members have similar lesions, then it might be scabies.

A direct examination by a dermatologist will help us in confirming the condition.

We can treat this condition with oral antibiotics like cefadroxyl and some antihistaminics. Topical application like a combination of mild steroid creams like desonide and mupirocin will be beneficial. You can get these medications prescribed by your doctor.

Your son should find relief with these medications.

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any further doubts, I will be glad to assist you further.

Dr.Rohit Batra