Itchy pimples around crotch during period. Cured after yeast infection treatment. What is the disease called?

Average
Question
Hi, in the last 3 months just a week before and during the time I have my period I get itchy pimples appearing around my crotch and upper butt crack area. They are like 3-4 pimples. Sensitive skin area when I wipe my crotch. Not really any vaginal discharge, but sometimes stringy white. Burning sensation when I have intercourse. Been in same relationship for 3 yrs, so my partner doesn`t have any usual symptoms. I took yeast infection treatments and it goes away, but returns a week before my period again. What condition do I have.
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 16 minutes later
thanks for the query.

Your symptoms of itchy tiny pimples suggests herpes infection.
Foul-smelling vaginal discharge suggests vaginal infection with either candida(yeast),trichomonas or bacterial vaginosis.
I recommend you to:
1. Get a STD profile.
2. Vaginal swab test.
3. Maintain personal hygiene.
4. Use clean cotton undergarments only.

Did you get your STD profile previously?
Treatment depends on the diagnosis.
Waiting for your reply,
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Itchy pimples around crotch during period. Cured after yeast infection treatment. What is the disease called? 19 minutes later
I never had std testing. But my partner got tested and doesn`t have it. I never had any other sexual partner before. He been with me for 3 yrs. So, it can not be std because std is pass from a infected person. Ive been very stress lately, I believe it`s my harmones being imbalance that is causing this problem.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 15 minutes later
I appreciate your prompt response.

Good that STD is ruled out.
Your symptoms suggests fungal infection or allergy.
Since you have symptom of foul smelling vaginal discharge, i recommend you to:
1. Get a vaginal swab test done for diagnosis. Treatment depends on the diagnosis.
2. Avoid all allergens like perfumes, lotions, detergents and soaps which you are allergic to.
3. Keep your parts clean and dry.
4. Avoid moisture.
5. use new blade every-time .

Consult your Gynecologist after swab test for prescription of drugs.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Dr Nilofer