Ask a Urologist   »  

Itchy penis with discharge. Had oral sex with a person with sore throat. So is this an infection?

Question
so ive noticed that it feel itchy inside my penis and there is a little bit of discharge. It just started and havent had sex in a while but got a oral sex with a girl and she had a sore throat. just wondering if this could give me some kind of infection?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for submitting the question.

Your history of doing oral sex with a girl having sore throat and you getting penile discharge subsequently raises strong suspicion of sexually transmitted disease( STD).

There are principally two causes for penile discharge.

Gonococcal urethritis.

Non specific urethritis.

Most likely cause in you seems to be gonorrhea.

You must consult your doctor for examination and investigations.

A urethral swab of your discharge will diagnose the cause. Following which your doctor will chose the right antibiotic course for you.

I hope to have answered your query, however if there is any other concern, please let me know.

Thanks and wish you good luck.

Follow-up: Itchy penis with discharge. Had oral sex with a person with sore throat. So is this an infection? 1 hour later
that didnt really answer my question... the girl that gave me a blowjob already had a sore throat, but my question was can i get and infection in my penis from the girl having a sore throat?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Hello
Yes you can get infection in your penis
Sexual transmitted diseases are transmitted by all routes of sex whether normal,oral or anal
Thanks