Itchy nose in the night. Reason?

I get an itchy nose at night, it keeps me up most of the night yet it does not occur during the day.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 9 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Noted side effects of either Norvasc or Effexor. Both are reported to cause allergy/itching initially. Try a neutral aloe cream for relief. It will subside after couple of weeks.

If not the above, then allergy to food/insects needs a look with the help of dermatologist.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.