Itchy nipple, sensitive to touch, tingling. Have atopic dermatitis. What medicine should I take?

I am a male 46 years old. These 2 days I am suffering of an itchy nipple only on one side, right side. It is sensitive to touch, itchy and sometimes tingling. I have a dry skin condition and have atopic dermatitis. But this itchy and sensitive nipple which I am now experiencing is the first time. I remember last time when finishing taking shower i have my towel rubbed against my right nipple quite hard and felt a little pain. Could this be that this itchy because of rubbing by using the towel or could it be an ezcema. The condition of the nipple is ok, no redness, just a little scaly and a little skin peeling off just beside the nipple. What is the condition of this? and what medicine or cream or oitment should I take? I have tried hydrocortisone but no result. My friend ask me to use ELOCON which is a potent cortisteroid. Can I use this cream? I am just so afraid of a Paget desease. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 57 minutes later
I would be pleased to answer your question

You can use the above cream however it would be important to rule out Eczema and Paget's disease .

Please do Visit the Dermatologist for the clinical examination of the area around the nipple .

Thanks and take care
Follow-up: Itchy nipple, sensitive to touch, tingling. Have atopic dermatitis. What medicine should I take? 9 minutes later
Thank you.
There are no lumps and the areola is normal. only the tip of the nipple is itchy and sensitive to touch.
is it possible that it is because of the dry skin or the rubbing while using towel?
I had this a month ago for just several days and went away. And now it came back again.
Any possibilities that it could be an eczema in your opinion?
Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 7 hours later
Thanks for the reply .
It can occur due to chronic friction or rubbing of the towel . There is also a possibility of an underlying eczema which has not presented in a complete clinical manner as yet .
It would be important as I suggested to XXXXXXX the Dermatologist to rule out Paget's disease .

The Nipple should be checked for any discharge or scaling and the reason for the sensitivity should be ruled out .

Thanks and Take care