Itchy irritating rash around rectum, scrotum also itching, red flakes behind ears, whole body itching. Is it gonorrhea ?

I am 27 years old, recently I have had a itchy irritated rash around my rectum and throughout my whole inside crack of my butt. I have had this for about a month now. It constantly itches and its pretty painful, also in the last couple days my scrotum has started to itch as well. I looked at it in the mirror around my rectum does not look normal it looks gross, swollen, super red! Also the other day I did have a little bit of white stuff come out the tip of my penis, though I have no pain in my penis at all when peeing or anything. Then just today, for some reason it almost feels like my whole body is itchy, I have dry redness flaky skin behind my ears and the lymph nodes next to my genitals are swollen. My wife and I just recently split because she had an affair I am worried she gave me an std, but I dont have health insurance, all my research is pointing towards me having gonorrhea. I can't afford to go to the doctor, what should I do?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with. I will do my best to help you.

You have got pruritus ani anyway for a start. For this you need a steroid cream like Hydro-cortisone 0.5% or, better still, Fucidin H. To control the itch at night you will need to take an antihistamine like Zertrex. You need to check for diabetes and use soap here very sparingly.

You may also have gonorrhea and you need to have your urethral discharge cultured. At a very minimum you need to take an antibiotic for 10 days.

A lot of your problems are occurring because of stress and anxiety.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Follow-up: Itchy irritating rash around rectum, scrotum also itching, red flakes behind ears, whole body itching. Is it gonorrhea ? 5 hours later
What is causing the dry itchy redness behind my ear and my whole body to itch then?
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 5 hours later
Hi there,
Thank you for writing back.

Your symptoms point towards a generalized allergic reaction. The trigger for the allergy needs to be identified. Meanwhile, an antihistamine like tablet benadryl 1 tablet taken at bedtime will help the itchiness.
Additionally, please get yourself investigated for the urethral discharge. This is a condition which needs to be evaluated and treated.

Andrew Rynne.