Ask a Urologist   »  

Itchy grey spots on penis and testicles, no discharge, no discoloration of urine, unprotected sex

Question
ok have been married for 4 years, and we have unpretected sex. Saturday my penis and my testicles started to itch, and like any man I scratched them. Today I noticed my penis had quarter size spots on it that were turning a gray/blackish color. Also the tip of my penis started to peel and left raw spots. My testicles are starting to have the same gray/blackish color spots show up. There is no discharge or discoloration of the urin. This happend 2 years ago, but went away in a week. I thought really nothing of if, because I was stupid. Now I am actually worrried, plus my wife really wants to know. I was wondering if you could help me figure this out
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Hello
Sudden appearance of rashes on your penis and scrotum that are itchy with peeling skin are most commonly due to fungal infection of the area.
Don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical creams like Lotrimin after prescription from your doctor. Wear cotton clothes, retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then you may need oral antimicrobials/ antifungals for which you have to consult and get it prescribed from your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. Please do get back if you have any follow up queries.
Regards.