Itchy eyes, took allclear, history of hypertension

hi iam 39 yr old female with high blood pressure iam 180 pounds. my eyes were itchy and i rubbed it, took two allclear nondroesy. will anything happen to me?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 31 minutes later

You took an antihistamine preparation containing Loratidine which is usually prescribed for allergy symptoms as runny nose,sneezing,watery and itching in eyes.It usually does not cause any serious side effects even in patients having Blood pressure issues.

Though it is claimed as non drowsy formula still some patients can have drowsiness so do not worry if you have the same.If there are any other symptoms as hives,itching,swelling or any other symptom consider rushing to ER.

I hope your BP is under control and you are taking medications for that under Medical supervision.

Kinldy avoid taking any drug without consulting your Physician.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.