Itchy clitoris, red spots, sore in tissue. Have herpes. Treated for UTI. Had unprotected sex. Could I have an STI?

Question
My clitoris is itchy and I noticed red spots on it as well. When I pull the skin back surrounding the clitoris, there appears to be a small sore or split in the tissue as well. I do have herpes, but I'm not having any symptoms of an outbreak. Also about 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed and treated for a UTI. I didn't go back for a followup but finished all medication. I was recently sexually active both orally and genitally (with no condom). What could be causing this? Could I have an STI?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later
Hello

Thanks for writing to us

It can be either a urinary tract infection or STD.

It is better to get VDRL test done along with urine complete examination.

Sometimes vulval or vaginal dermatitis or fungal infection can also cause this type of soreness.

You can apply clobetasol propionate as well as clotrimazole cream locally.

For itching take antihistaminics like cetrizine under doctor's prescription.

If herpes is detected then you will have to take acivir under doctor's guidance.

For UTI take alkalizers or cranberry juice

Antibiotics and oral antifungals should be taken under doctor's guidance and after proper investigations.

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome