Itchy and sore breast, red rash, dry spots. Have breastfed children

Critical Care Specialist
hi Just over the past couple of weeks. my left breast has become very ichyand sore to ich, it as a red rash and ive developed small red dry looking red spots all around my nipple area , im a little worried about it, ive had 2 children bothare now 4, i had the red spots around my nipple area before the iching started. i breasts fed both my children , i am 37 .
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ghaly 4 hours later

The symptoms looks concerning to me. You may be developing an abscess / infection in your breast.

It needs to be checked by your doctor and you may need a prescription of antibiotic for it.

Visit your doctor/surgeon at the earliest.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Wish you a speedy recovery