Itchy Rash beneath penis foreskin since long. Should go for viral infection test or medication?

Urologist
Question
Hi I have rash problem beneath the fore skin at left side from last 8 months slightly itching not a big problem but inconvinent all the time let me suggest some solution I can go if any viral infection test and to use proper medication
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 7 hours later
First and Foremost - Please do get yourself examined for diabetes. Most tests for viral infections in this condition give non-specific results. If the symptoms persist, you might require a circumcision do be done.

Follow-up: Itchy Rash beneath penis foreskin since long. Should go for viral infection test or medication? 12 hours later
Let me get tested for diabetes will report back Thank you Dr sasanka

Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 6 hours later
You are welcome. I suggest you check Blood sugars Fasting and Post-Prandial (2hrs) and review back. Let me know if you have any queries.

Follow-up: Itchy Rash beneath penis foreskin since long. Should go for viral infection test or medication? 2 days later
Dear Sasanka,

I am herewith enclosing my test reports with this and let me know for further investigation and cure

XXXXXXX

Dear Mr XXXXXXX
Your blood sugar levels are reasonably good, but your lipid profile suggests that you need to start some medication called 'statins' in case you have not already done so - this is to lessen the risk of atherosclerotic damage to important blood vessels and hopefully reduce risk of future events like a hear attack or stroke.
But these results do not indicate why you have persistent itching or discomfort beneath your prepuce, and thus as I said earlier, if there is a significant bother due to these symptoms, you can get the minor surgical procedure 'circumcision' done and send the excised foreskin for biopsy.
Regards.