Itching vagina, burning urination, white discharge, uneasy. Taken Unwanted 72 after sex.

Question
Hi
I have taken unwanted 72 after 60 hrs of sex.
But its already 5 dayz from the date of medicine. My mense is not yet and the vagina is itching, burning during urinate, white discharge, and unease symptoms
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

As you have taken tablets in time, I do not see any reason for worry.

Some times due to stress the periods get delayed for 5-10 days after the tablets.

The symptoms that you are having are suggestive of some local infection or urinary infection again.

In my opinion it is advisable that you consult a gynecologist and get your self examined for this. After examination as per need he may ask for some investigations like urine examination to confirm the diagnosis. The treatment will be suggested after that.

Please take light diet, drink of plenty of fluids orally.

As you are also having hypothyroidism, this could also be the cause for the delayed periods.

Hope, this answers your query. I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Itching vagina, burning urination, white discharge, uneasy. Taken Unwanted 72 after sex. 27 minutes later
Hey But its still 5 dayz gone. But till its no sign of period. Is this Unwanted 72 has any side effect. I have taken it once before but i had my periods after 5-6 dayz of medicine. Pls help

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Good to hear from you again.

Unwanted 72 is a well tolerated drug and safely profile is also good.Some change in pattern and duration can be there after taking drug in next couple of cycles.

The problem that you are having seems to be more due to infection rather then pregnancy.

As wrote earlier you might have some delay in periods due to some imbalance in thyroid hormones.

Please wait for couple of days and as advised please see a doctor and get your self examined and treated.

Dr.Pragnesh