Itching under tongue, small bumps, white lines, causes ?

Hello yesterday night i had itching under my tongue and mouth, today i have the same feeling but notice on the left side of my tongue the are like bump like shapes.I also noticed i have white lines under my tongue and did some research and it looks like a geographical tongue type of thing. which i also noticed several weeks ago but went away..what can this be from..I take cellcept,prednisone, prograf, nitrofurion,protonix
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The geographical is not usually associated with itching and the marks you see are mostly on the dorsum of the tongue and not on its underside.

The itching and small bumps usually are seen in case of allergy or in vitamin B-complex deficiency.
Is there any redness or sensitivity to salt or spicy food associated with it?

It is best to send me a photograph of your tongue showing the lesions as it is always helpful in making a diagnosis. I request you to mail the picture to YYYY@YYYY SUB:ATTN Dr.Rakhi Tayal.Do not forget to write here once you mail it, so that I receive it as a follow up.

For the time being you can apply a topical local anaesthetic gel on your tongue for any sensitivity and take Vitamin B- complex supplements.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Itching under tongue, small bumps, white lines, causes ? 19 hours later
Images received at YYYY@YYYY .
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later

Thanks for sending the images.

It does not seem to be a geographical tongue rather appears more to be vitamin deficiency.

For treatment
1. Vitamin C tablets - 1 tablet a day (chewable tablet) for 1 week.
2. B-Complex capsules - 1 tablet a day for 1 month
3. Use Chlorhexidine mouth wash in the morning, after food and before sleep
4. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption
5. Drink plenty of water
6. Take fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
7. Reduce your daily stress level with regular exercise

Follow the above steps, it will disappear in 5 days.

Wish you speedy recovery.