Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching, crack is red, look pimply. How to treat it ?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi, I had that itching sensation around my vaginal area and started using wipes to prevent a yeast infection well the itching stopped in that area but then my butt started itching and sometimes when I was sitting it was uncomfortable. I have had something similar but usually after two days goes away which I assume it was a heat rash. I have had this for almost a week now. My butt crack is red and in some areas looks like pimples and when I urinate and it touches that area it hurts or even when I take a shower it hurts to wipe that area. So I thought it could be hemorrhoids so I started using preparationH. It does not seem to be getting worse but does not look like it is clearing up either. What could it be and how else can I treat it.
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thank you for your query.
Your problem is unlikely due to hemorrhoids. There is no point in using Preparation H. It may either be due to yeast infection or be due to ring worm infection(Dermatophyte) with secondary infection which appears as pimples. Repeated scratching leads to burning while you urinate. It seems the treatment you took for yeast may not be adequate to eradicate the same totally. Continue the antifungal topical and systemic preparations in appropriate dosages for at least 4 weeks. Topical antifungals may be available over the counter. The pharmacist dispensed drugs can be used. If not available you get a prescription from local primary physician. If pimple like lesions are there you may also need to take a course of antibiotics. If everything fails you can consult your Dermatologist and get the guidelines from him/her, that will help you to get better soon.

Use mild soaps and wash your inner garments well to eliminate the particles of detergents.

Get well soon.

Dr S.Murugan