Ask a Urologist   »  

Itching penis, white spots, swelling, painful. Suggest.

Hi I m 27 yr old and I have some skin problem near penis area actually it was just itching 2 weeks ago but now I have white spots(zakham) and swelling too it is very painful so can u suggest me what to do
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

The symptoms you have mentioned (white spots with itching and swelling) seem to be an inflammation of the glans penis and the foreskin.There are a wide variety of causes and predisposing factors for this condition.

It can be most probably due to fungal infection. Actually, this inflammation results from an overgrowth of fungi which are normally present on the skin of the glans, most commonly in men who have not been circumcised (the environment under the foreskin is warm and moist, and these conditions often favour the growth of the organisms, moisture is allowed to persist under the foreskin for a while, if you have not washed for a couple of days or after sexual activity without a condom).

It can be also accompanied with symptoms of urethritis (burning sensation while urinating, frequent urination).

There is no need to get worried. You will have to undergo a physical examination by a general physician, who will suggest you few investigations and the right medications.

Hope my answer is adequate, I am available for follow up should you have any more concerns.