Itching over the arm, swollen after allery skin test. Why is it still itching after twelve hours?

alllergy skin test I just got allergy skin test why is it still itchy I got it 12 hours
its itching all over my whole arm and it's still very swollen
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 53 minutes later

Allergy skin test will give results for the cause of allergy; but will not treat the allergy.

The itching that you have is a physical manifestation to indicate you are allergic to the substance used during allergy skin test. You need to use antihistamines like cetrizine or loratidine to treat the present symptoms. A topical application of calamine lotion with topical steroid can be added to give instant relief. Visit your physician for a prescription.

Hope I have provided you with useful and helpful suggestions. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.

Dr. Rohit Batra