Itching on the penis and anus. Prescribed with Acrason. Developed a rash in the anus with blood. What is it?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi! i have been experiencing very serious itching around my penis and anus for time now, at first i thought was fungal effection and was confirmed by our doctor at our small dispensary, the doctor prescribed me with ACRASON tube. I have used it for almost 5years whenever it itch. But recently have developed a strange hard pea sized rashes into my anus of which when scratched has a lot of blood in it. Am scared please help me what is it and what should i do?
Abe
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 7 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Perianal itching can be due to worm infestation and/or a small fissure
If you are constipated manage the same with lot of fiber and plenty of fluids in the diet

Antifungal creams are Ok but it is stress which is the culprit when you have itching in genitals, if you are able to manage stress levels the itching will reduce

Regarding the pea shaped swelling in perianal region it seems you have developed a small thrombosed external piles

You need to control constipation and take sitz bath twice a day
If the bleeding continues you should see a surgeon in your area and get a proctoscopy done to rule out XXXXXXX piles

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Get Well Soon