Itching on right labia minora. No discharge or odor. Need a soution

For the last 24 hours I've had this intense crazy tingly itch on my right labia minora. It was so bad last night I couldn't sleep. It's not itchy inside my vagina but it's also not right on the surface of my skin. It itches in the same spot a few times a minute. I have no discharge or odor...not really swollen either. It was so horribly annoying last night I was almost in tears. I took some Azo yeast infection pro bio tic pills today but nothing helps!!help I neef relief
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please visit a doctor at the earliest for relief

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I can understand how this presentation can be very frustrating. I would like to get straight to the point by telling you that the cause for such a presentation is most probably an infection. But the different infections that can cause such a presentation all have different sources (for example: bacterial, fungal, etc.).

For this reason I would advice a visit to a doctor for immediate laboratory examination of your genital region, which would report a confirmed diagnosis. After which treatment can be accurately initiated ensuring rapid and sure relief.

As you have tried an anti-fungal medication only once and did not find relief, a fungal cause cannot completely be ruled out. I hope you understand why it is necessary for you to visit a doctor at the earliest. I would not be able to accurately diagnose your condition through an online consultation. For your reference the possible causes are: bacterial vaginosis, dermatitis, thrush, yeast infection, lichen, etc.

I hope I have explained things in a clear manner. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications ma'am. In the meantime, do abstain from all forms of sexual contact (if you are sexually active), keep your genital region clean and dry, remove underwear during bedtime, wear only cotton undergarments during the day, wear loose fitted clothes, and take regular warm baths that should provide temporary relief.

Best wishes.