Ask a Urologist   »  

Itching on penis, light red spots, white marks on testicles. Treatment ?

i am suffering from etching on my penis, there are two light red spots causing etching. also i some white marks on testicles area causing etching.
otherwise i have no problem in sex and urine discharge.
please advice me about the matter.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 17 minutes later

From the description provided by you regarding the itching in the penis, it seems that you might be having Balanitis or a Fungal infection.

Each needs a different treatment.

Balanitis, is inflammation of the glans penis, and will reduce with application of a lubricant lotion or a low dose steroid cream.

But a fungal infection would need a antifungal cream, like clotrimazole.

For proper diagnosis and treatment, it would be much better if you can consult your doctor who can examine your lesions and diagnose it properly and then decide on the treatment.

You can also upload images of the lesions in the right side of the query box, which after going through would help me in suggesting you better.

Please do confirm by writing here about the uploading of the photo as to suggest you at the earliest.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after going through the photo.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Itching on penis, light red spots, white marks on testicles. Treatment ? 56 minutes later
sent to your doctor, please confirm about the same
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 11 hours later

Thank you for the additional information.

The images sent appear to be a fungal infection as suspected. This is called as Tinea Cruris.

You can get relief by applying a clotrimazole cream, twice daily to the affected areas.

If the itching is severe, 1% hydrocortisone cream can be applied locally.

The following tips may prevent tinea cruris from recurring

1. Wash your groin daily, then dry thoroughly. Drying is perhaps the most important point. The damp groin is then an ideal site for fungi to multiply. (A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.)

2. Change underwear daily. Fungi may multiply in flakes of skin in unwashed underwear.

3. Keep your own towel when you have a fungal skin infection to reduce the chance of passing on the fungus to others.

I hope this helps.