Ask a Urologist   »  

Itching on penis foreskin, boil with black tip. What is to be done?

Hi Doc,

Few days back I started getting some kind of itching on my penis foreskin which had become a small boil with a black tip on it. In last two days it become few more boils. Please do advice me what to be done as my itching is increased day by day !!!
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
It seems that you might have collection of smegma under the foreskin giving rise to irritation, itching and infection.
Now as there is infection, few boils appeared.
Clean the foreskin with soap solution by smoothly averting foreskin and apply antibiotic cream like soframycin. Also, apply neosporin powder to keep the area clean and dry.
For infection, you may go for an oral antibiotic like amoxicillin-clavulanate under your doctor's guidance.
After you become alright, make a habit of cleaning the area by averting foreskin while taking bath.
Hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.