Itching on hands and feet. Suggest a solution

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have never really suffered skin conditions. I am a healthy 21 year old girl. Vegan for four years and gluten free for three years due to a gluten intolerance. I take vegan & gluten-free pre-natals as vitamins once a day. I also am picky about the products I use on my skin, for instance coconut oil instead of chemically-ridden lotions, etc. Anyway, last friday I developed an itching on my hands and feet. I avoided scratching best as I could and just kept moisturizing repeatedly throughout the days. My hands and feet started to swell and continued to itch, and despite my best efforts they are now scaly, still itchy, burning, and dry and cracking. They've cracked to the point that I have tiny cracks in my knuckles that have bled. It does not appear to be getting any better. I am desperate for a solution. Thanks for the help.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer: You need cream with medication Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your symptoms and images it looks allergic rash. I will advise to apply Cortisporin Cream : hydrocortisone/neomycin/polymyxin b cream or Alcortin A :aloe vera/hydrocortisone/iodoquinol, along with it continue your moisturising cream under supervision of a doctor. For itching you can take tab cetrizine in night daily or even two times a day. Try to stay away from the triggers. You need to improve immunity to combat against allergic episodes. For this purpose Chyawanprash is usually advised in India. It is an ayurvedic medication available OTC at most Indian grocery stores and is considered safe. XXXXXXX drops from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Ayurveda are also effective in increasing immunity. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.