Itching inside penis. Suggest the treatment?

Question
Itching inside penis
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very commonly complained

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Most times the itching is because of the dryness of the inner skin. The dryness could be because of different reasons including improper hygiene, infection, allergy to condom or garment.

Clean it with water and mild soap twice a day. Apply lubricants like Aloe vera / Jelly on the inner surface of the skin. It should subside on its own.

If you see a visible rash or pimples on the inner side of the skin or on the glans of the penis, please see a local doctor.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Itching inside penis. Suggest the treatment? 10 minutes later
Sorry didn't tell u all. It itches internally at bottom of shaft. Itches when I pee. No discharge.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection

Detailed Answer:

At this age if you are sexually active and do not take necessary precautions there is a high chance of STD. An Sexually transmitted disease can cause that symptom. The infection may spread to the prostate as well to cause that itch that cannot relieve on scratch.

You need to consume alkaline solution to flush out the toxins causing the feel. You need to drink a lot of fluids and cranberry juice as well. A urine examination might be helpful to rule out serious infections. Refrain from intercourse, alcohol, coffee and carbonated beverages for at least a month.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Itching inside penis. Suggest the treatment? 3 minutes later
thanks I took a uranary test. should I take something else. only have one partner so I didn't know if I should get the std test and if I do don't know which to test for

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fluids and urinary analgesic

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I am not sure if urinary analgesic like Pyridium is available as over the counter drug. Ask at the pharmacy for it.

Flush flush and flush out with water and cranberry.

You can test for Blood counts, Urine microscopy, VDRL, HBsAG.

Follow-up: Itching inside penis. Suggest the treatment? 17 minutes later
so its not as serious as an std right?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Does not seem to be

Detailed Answer:
Single partners would not have the risk of STD's as with multiple partners