Itching in the front part of the vagina, white discharge. Medication and treatment ?

There is etching front part of vagina , not in XXXXXXX not on skin. There is found white secretion. Please suggest what to do and medicine. Age-39, Heigh-5'4", weight-67, marriage-1996, one girl child birth-2001.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

This is a very common day to day problem. Some amount of white discharge is normal. The quantity and thickness varies with your menstrual cycle.

This discharge needs evaluation and treatment if you have along with discharge, any of the following.

1. Smelly discharge
2. thick white discharge
3. pain during sexual intercourse
4. lower abdominal pain
5. constant itch and redness and pain in private parts.

In the absence of any of this major complaints I think you do not need any medicines.

Simple itching could be due to some allergy or otherwise.

Please maintain good local hygiene, wear more of cotton clothes, avoid tight fitting clothes.

In most of the case this should solve your problem.

Still if you have any problem, it is best to visit a gynecologist and get your self examined for any local problem. In case the problem persists or some other complaints are there, then only you might need a course of antibiotics.

I hope this answers your query, I will be available for follow up queries you have.

Dr. Pragnesh