Itching in scrotum due to sweating. Suitable remedy?

Hi Dr. I have been getting a itchy feeling in my genital area. When i start itching the urge to itching increases and the skin irritates causing skin breaks. This happens to be due to moisture in the area that causing itching. After a wash with cinthol Soap this itching stops. After long hours of wearing underwear this situation occurs. How to overcome this? Currently i am using Jockey boxer type underwear. Is there any remedy to prevent moisture and itching? Also the skin on the sides of genitals are itching due to this scrotum itching. But after an wash and dry this stops. Tel me a suitable remedy.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 56 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It seems you are having intertrigo.

It is a mixed infection of skin caused by bacteria and fungus.

It occurs commonly in thigh folds.

Constant sweating,using tight pants,prolonged traveling causes friction of skin.This leads to loss of integrity of skin and it is invaded by bacteria and fungus.

Use loose cotton under wares.

Avoid jeans and tight fitting pants.

Apply a combination of antifungal and steroid cream at night like candid b.

At day time you can use antifungal dusting powder.This will keep area dry and prevent infection.

Since you are in a hot climate area you need to continue with antifungal powder,particularly in summers and rainy season.

Candid powder is one such brand which is readily available and routinely prescribed by dermatologists.

I hope this will help you.In case you have any concerns i will be happy to help you.