Itching in scrotum. Applied fluka, prugo and tinovate ointment. Suggest treatment for permanent cure

Question
Sir, I have severe itching in the scrotum since last two years. As per Doctor's Advice, I have tried a combination of Fluka (Flukanozole) and Prugo 25 and HH Zole/Tinovate M Ointment. After taking this course for one month, the itching disappears. But the itching coming back after a few days. Please help. I am a male of 42 years.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Along with cream go for oral anti-fungal tablet

Detailed Answer:
Hi, XXXX,
From history it seems that you might be having fungal infection on your scrotum.
Applying local cream only might be half treatment for fungal infection.
Go for systemic anti-fungal medicine.
It is advisable to use only plane anti-fungal cream and not with steroid.
Along with local application go for systemic oral anti-fungal tablet as well.
Take oral tablet like Flucanozole 150 mg once in a week for four weeks.
This will give permanent cure of the problem.
Keep local part clean, dry and airy with well shaved.
I hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please write back.
Ok and take care.

Follow-up: Itching in scrotum. Applied fluka, prugo and tinovate ointment. Suggest treatment for permanent cure 2 days later
Thanks for the advice.

Please mention the brand name of plain anti fungal cream and flukanazole which are effective and give good results.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Brand name of antifungal tablet and cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi, XXXX,
Thanks for posting query again.
Oral anti-fungal tablet brand name is Fole-150, take once in a week for four weeks.
Anti-fungal cream or lotion brand name is, Micoderm, multifungin, Candid cream.
Apply at night before going to bed.
I hope I answered your query.
If you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Ok and take care.

Follow-up: Itching in scrotum. Applied fluka, prugo and tinovate ointment. Suggest treatment for permanent cure 2 hours later
Dear Doctor, thanks for the reply. During last two years, my medication cycle goes like this. Combination of Flukanazole and Prugo 25 once in three days and application of ointment like Tinovate M and HH Zole every day. This cycle goes on for one month. The infection disappears. But after a gap of two months, the infection reappears. Again the above medication cycle continues. So the infection is playing hide and seek game. I have already spent a lot of money on Flukanazole and ointments. But the infection has not gone. I am wondering if it is a fungal infection or some other problem. Kindly advice.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
recommend dermatologist clinical examination

Detailed Answer:
Hi, XXXX,
As you had oral and local anti-fungal treatment in the past then there might be two possibilities not responding treatment.
1, Resistant fungal infection
2, There might be having some other skin conditions like dermatitis, folliculitis etc.
What we diagnose is with history and other relevant information.
This will better judged after physical clinical examination only by seen personally.
Consult dermatologist and get physically examined.
Ok and take care.