Ask a Urologist   »  

Itching in penis and not able to pull foreskin of penis.

I have a itching problem in pennis and not able to pull the forehead of pennis
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

You mentioned in your question that you're having difficulty with your penis. The difficulty you're having is certainly related to a degree of inflammation which is going on in the skin around your penis.

The most common cause of itching as well as difficulty with the foreskin is a fungal infection. I am suspicious that a fungal infection is what you are dealing with. These are generally successfully treated with a topical cream. I encourage you to go to your local pharmacy to purchase a tube of this cream. The active ingredient of the cream is clotrimazole. Your pharmacist will be able to help you find this if you are unable to do it on your own.

After you purchased the cream I recommend that you apply it generously to the affected area three times per day for at least 5 to 7 days. It may take some time for the pain and itching to go away but I am confident that this will be of good assistance to you in recovering.

If for some reason your symptoms do not improve I think it will be necessary for you to visit with your response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional questions I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert
Follow-up: Itching in penis and not able to pull foreskin of penis. 6 hours later
Could you tell me the name of the cream i should buy in Bangalore, India.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 25 hours later
Hello again,

You may consider purchasing Clogen or Absorb ( Clotrimazole ) topical ointment. This is an over the counter drug in India. You do not need a doctor's prescription for this. Please do not use it if you are hypersensitive to it.

As I said earlier, apply the ointment Clogen / Absorb generously to the affected area three times per day for at least 5 to 7 days. Please discuss regarding the same with your treating doctor.

Hope this helps.