Itching in genital area with white discharge. Is this a symptoms of STD?

i have a query that i m a 29 yrs male and recently married i m suffering from a problem that i am noticing since few days my genital part is having some white discharge with itch so just wanted 2 know is it any kind of STD m suffering with and wud be helpful if u cud help me with a treatment thanks
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 39 minutes later

Thanks for posting query to XXXXXXX

You are having discharge and itching which could be because of Infection bacterial or fungal.
Do you have burning sensation while passing urine or increased frequency? If it is there, it could point to injury.

Please get urine routine and microscopic to see if there are pus cells in sample.

I would suggest you to consult a Dermatologist and in such cases both the partner may require treatment. The treatment can be decided on only after a proper examination and investigation.

Hope this helps you, please inform about progress, once you consult.

Dr.A.Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Itching in genital area with white discharge. Is this a symptoms of STD? 16 hours later
Thank you so much sir for the advice i ll get in touch as soon as the reports come n yes there is a slight burning sensation and the discharge smell is vry bad and there are red patches over the front area ll gt in touch as soon the reports bang in thank you much
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for your input,

Please get examination and investigations as soon as possible and inform me the reports and I will help you.

In the mean time, please take plenty of fluid.

Awaiting your response...

Dr. A. Dubey.