Itching in genital area and using anti itch cream. Noticed two lines of rash and circle in the middle. Is it ringworm?

I have had itching in the genital area for about 6-8 weeks. My doctor told me to use anti-itch cream on it. I noticed tonight when I examined the area from the genitals to my right leg, I had two lines of a rash that had a circle in the middle. Do I have ringworm?
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it does sound fungal

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

From the description that you have provided, it does sound like ring worm.

Ring worm can also cause itching.

Fungal rashes, though they can occur in any aspect of the body, prefer moist hot areas.
It can take 2 -3 weeks or more for ring worm to respond to topical anti fungal treatments.

Some examples of topical anti fungals are nizoral, econoderm,ciclopirox, ketoconazole, miconazole.
You can find out which ones are available at your local pharmacy.

Because the rash can spread, it would be best to apply the cream with a q tip or piece of cotton and then discard what was used.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions