Itching in crease of legs and vagina. Dark and wrinkled vaginal area. Is this normal?

I am 53 years old and about six months ago started itching in the crease of my legs (mostly on left side) and down on the lip of the vagina (mostly left side). I am very dark and very wrinkled in the vaginal area. Is this normal?
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 20 minutes later

The symptoms you describe are suggestive of a fungal infection. As you are having itching in groin region & outer part of vagina & you are diabetic, it very well fits this condition.

So I will advise you to consult your gynaecologist for local examination and antifungal treatment. In the meantime you can apply over the counter topical antifungal cream like candid /monistat over the affected areas.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.