Itching ear after putting Ciprodex in ear for otitis. Should I keep using the drops?

ENT Specialist
Hello i got ciprodex prescribed for an otitis , i got the drops in my ear about 6 hours ago, but it seems to itch bit in my ear, im not sure if its because to cyprodex or if it because of fluids that me be there because of the wax in my ear. Should i keep using theses drops?
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 13 minutes later

I am Dr Ravinder Sharma Otolaryngologist from India. On the basis of information provided it appears that you are suffering from otitis (inflammation of ear) for which you were prescribed ciprodex (combination of antibiotic and steroid).

Itching in ear can be because of a variety of causes - e.g. wax in ear, fungal deposits in ear, inflammation of external auditory canal (otitis externa), inflammation of middle ear (otitis media) and secretory otitis media.

The medicine prescribed will cause relief in itching in due course. However if the itching continues I would advise you for review with your doctor as allergy to any drug can also be a cause of itching.

I hope this answers your query. Do let me know I you need further help on this

With warm Regards
Dr. Ravinder Sharma