Itching & dislocation of right testis, warmer than the other. Right testis was hurt long back. Advise?

Dear sir,
I have some problem with one testis. 4 years back, my right testis was hurt while working. There was some pain at the instant, but soon got over. Now, as I see, the testis seems to be dislocated from its original position towards the front and there is somewhat itching problem now and then. Also, I can feel the difference in temperature of the two sides, with the affected testis warmer than the unaffected testis. Kindly advice regarding the same.
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 20 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I think we are dealing with 2 issues here. The first is the trauma that you sustained to the testis. This could have led to an accumulation of blood in the affected area. This could be leading to a sensation of warmth. A medical examination followed by an ultrasound of the scrotum can tell us the exact problem.
As far as the itching is concerned, it could be due to natural moistness of that area. I would like to know if the itching is also associated with some rash.
For the itching, the following measures will help:
a. Keep the area dry and clean. Clean the area with soap and water twice a day.
b. Wear cotton underclothes
c. You can apply any powder so that the area remains dry.
The temperature difference and the dislocation issue needs an examination. I would request you to consult a general surgeon who can examine the testis. His examination findings would help us get to the root of the problem.
Hope this helps. I would be available for follow ups.