Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach infection?

General Surgeon
Hello Doctor

I am having a lot of itching/burning sensation/pain in anal area of my back. I have tried oil, aelo vera , soap to fix this but nothing is helping. What could be the reason for this? Can it be related to any stomach infection or worms?

Please help.

Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 hours later

Itching in the anal area of your back can be due to infection, may be fungal. Oil, Aloe vera does not have anti fungal properties. You can start using Clotrimazole ointment locally.

If the pain is associated with bleeding in the stools, it can be fissure in ano. It is a crack in the anus. In that case, you have to take plenty of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, high fibre diet so that you have soft stools. Local lignocaine ointment will also help.

You did not mention whether there was any history of injury to that area. I would like to know your profession too. If you are in a job where in you have sit for prolonged period, it could be a bony pain from the Sacral bone. If so, you have to consult your Orthopedician.

Hope I answered your query.
If you still have any doubts, I will clarify further.

Wish you good health