Itching at base on penis, open and stinging sore, red rash on penis. Had jock itch. What to do?

I had jock itch about two weeks ago. It seemed like it went away. I am uncircumcised so i know the risk is higher. After using the cream my doctor perscribed everything seemed to go away. Just yesterday i got a bad itching feeling on the skin at the base of my penis as well as a sore on the left side. The sore is open and stings, with a lining of clear fluid. The "rash" on my penis is red, and seems to be harder than my normal skin. I don't know what to do...
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Welcome !
I would be pleased to answer your question .

From your history and description of the lesions it looks like you have got some folliculitis and bacterial impetigo . The element of the fungal infection is in the background .

You will need to visit a Dermatologist to review the condition .
He will prescribe you certain anti fungal and anti biotic as well . The need for the antibiotic orally is also a must to resolve the inflammation as fast as possible .

Thanks and Take care