Itching around testicle, have skin infection. Let me know what I should do

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have itchy problem around my testicle area, want it to checked, i also see some type of infection with my skin,

let me know what should i do,

Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I have seen the attachments.

Your problem may be due to either
1. Ring worm infection (Superficial fungal infection of skin)
2. Seborrheic Dermatitis.
3. Scrotal dermatitis ( Eczema, or Vitamin deficiency)

All these conditions are easily treatable with correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

For fungal infection you can try with clotrimazole cream and systemic anti-fungal antibiotics for a period of 3-4 weeks. But it will worsen if it is due to eczema. So under the guidance of a dermatologist, the treatment should be initiated.

Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Itching around testicle, have skin infection. Let me know what I should do 2 hours later
Thanks Doctor, What you suggest as severity of issue? At what point if needed I should visit dermatologist?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 24 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

Sorry for the delayed answer.

Rather than the severity of the condition, I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist to rule out the aforementioned possibilities as to arrive at a conclusive diagnosis.

Since the treatment is entirely different with almost no overlap it is utmost important to know the exact cause. For example, you cannot use anti-fungal creams in acute eczema and treatment for eczema may flare up fungal infection.

Therefore a dermatologist's help is necessary to start the treatment. Moreover if you wait for some optimal point to XXXXXXX your physician the condition sometimes go for secondary bacterial infection. This is your right time to see your consultant.

Hope I answered your query.

Get well soon!

Dr S.Murugan